Sunday, September 23, 2012

8/31/2012 Prequel: Labor day weekend delay...

August 31, 2012- Friday

"How much of human life is lost in waiting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I woke up today anxious, but ready for results.  Tell me already dammit!  Do I have cancer? ugh!  This has been the LONGEST sixteen days. Ever.  I gave in and told my biggest boss the Tuesday before my biopsy what was going on.  He had asked me earlier if everything was OK as he sensed something was going on, (although he did say this is the best he has ever seen me - the haircut and Insanity workouts have me looking and feeling the best I have ever felt- kind of ironic- lol!).   He was very supportive, and I promised to keep him in the loop.  Now, everyone is waiting with me (except I've been able to spare my parents, so far...).  Torture.

At the same time, termites have again invaded my house.  I had made an appointment to meet the exterminator, and as they called 20 minutes ahead of time to get me some time to make it home, I also get a call from the doctor as I am IN THE ELEVATOR!  CRAP!  Really!  This is happening.

Before I lose complete reception, the doctor tells me that he called the pathologist, and confirmed that I will not have my results today AND since Monday is a holiday, I will not received my results until Tuesday.  *sigh*  Just when I thought it would all be over, the agony is prolonged....

No comments:

Post a Comment